Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tips for Homecoming if You Can't Stand Your Date?

I am going to homecoming tonight, and i need a few tips. My date is hard to be around. He is loud, immature, and has never had a date before (something which i found out after he asked). I had known him for a week and a half before he asked me and i thought he was a nice normal guy. A week after this he changed dramatcally. I now can't even stand to be in the same room with him, much less dance with him. I found out last night that he is bringing me flowers, he is picking me up (i already arranged a ride), and his parents want to meet my parents. I have told him we are just going as friends. He can meet me at my friend's house for pictures, go to dinner, and the dance. I can take myself. I have told him it's ok for me to take myself, he doesnt have too. How do i handle this? This is his first date, so i think he is tryign to make it sometihng like in the movies in the 50's. I have had numerous dates, and i dont feel tha comfortable getting treated like a flower! i am independent! Help!

Tips for Homecoming if You Can't Stand Your Date?
Smile your way through the evening. Make sure you dance with him at least once. Spend as much time with your friends as you can. Try and talk your friends into sitting with you.





Make sure he has a good experience with his first date. You will be free of him soon enough, but his memory of the first date will live with him forever.





Remember that what he says or does is not a reflection on you. You are not responsible for his actions no matter how dumb they may seem. Just shrug your shoulders and look at the other people. They will understand.





Make sure he takes you home right after the dance. Go straight home and refuse any offer to go out for a party or food. Get home as soon as possible and don't go out with him again.
Reply:I would cancel the date and tell him exactly what you just told us.

inline skates

No comments:

Post a Comment